In some environments, you cannot install Cisco Anyconnect while the OfficeScan agent is running. This article discusses the required hot fix information and steps to resolve this issue.
To install Cisco Anyconnect while the OfficeScan agent is running:
- Contact Trend Micro Technical Support and obtain the following hot fix based on your OfficeScan version:
OfficeScan XG SP1 already included this enhancement so no hotfix is required.
- OfficeScan 11.0 Service Pack 1 Hot Fix Build 6447
- OfficeScan XG Hot Fix Build 1721
- Install the hot fix and open the Ofcscan.ini file in the \PCCSRV\ folder on the OfficeScan server installation directory using a text editor.
- Under the Global Setting section, manually add the following key and set its value to "1":
- Save the changes and close the file.
- Open the OfficeScan web console and go to the Agents > Global Agent Settings screen.
- Click Save to deploy the setting to agents.
The OfficeScan server deploys the command to OfficeScan agents and adds the following registry entry on all OfficeScan agent computers:
- Try to install Cisco Anyconnect again and see if the issue persists.
If this solution does not work for your case, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support for further assistance.