Deep Security is committed to providing ongoing, long term support for the Solaris platform.
As evidence of this commitment, we have released a new version of the Deep Security Agent for Solaris in Deep Security 11.0 Update 6. For details, please refer to Deep Security Help Center.
It should also be noted that the Deep Security 9.0 Agent is approaching its global End of Support (EoS) date (December 31, 2019). As a result, you must plan to upgrade Deep Security 9.0 Agents to continue to receive product support. Please consult the help center documentation (Deep Security Manager - Agent compatibility by platform) to ensure that the Deep Security Manager version you are using is compatible with the agent version you will be upgrading to.
In attempt to reduce the impact of this transition to customers:
- We will extend the EoS date for use of the Deep Security 9.0 Agent on Solaris to December 31, 2019.
- We will support the use of Deep Security 9.0 Agent on Solaris with Deep Security Manager 11.0.
Please note that support for Solaris 9.0 platform was last provided with Deep Security Agent 9.0. Therefore, correspondingly, support for the Solaris 9.0 platform will be ending with the retirement of the Deep Security 9.0 Agent.
- If you are using Deep Security 9.0 Manager to support Deep Security 9.0 Solaris Agents, you must upgrade your Deep Security Manager.
- EoL for the Deep Security 9.0 Manager was reached in 2018.
- The extension of the EoS date for use of the Deep Security 9.0 Agent on Solaris to December 31, 2019 only applies to the Deep Security 9.0 Agent for Solaris and not Deep Security Manager. To continue to receive support, you must upgrade Deep Security Manager.
- We will support the use of Deep Security 9.0 Agent on Solaris with Deep Security Manager 11.0 to ensure a supported upgrade path for customers to move to the new agent.
- Deep Security Manager only supports upgrades from N-2 major releases. A Deep Security Manager 9.0 can be upgraded to 9.6 or 10.0, but not to 11.0 directly. Deep Security Manager 11.0 supports upgrades from 9.6 and 10.0.
- Deep Security support for the Solaris 9.0 platform will end on December 31, 2019 when end of support is declared for the Deep Security 9.0 Agent for Solaris. Please plan to upgrade the version of Solaris on these servers so a newer version of the Deep Security Agent for Solaris can be used.