VMWare vSphere 6.5 fails to create a quiesced snapshot when the following criteria are all met:
- Guest OS is Windows Server 2016
- OfficeScan agent is installed on the VM
- Scan Engine version is 10.000 or later versions
This combination will lead to a driver inter-op issue and a failure to create a quiesced snapshot.
To resolve the issue:
- Disable or remove VMWare DSS driver from VMTools. Please contact VMWare Technical Support for details.
Alternatively, you can also unload the OfficeScan agent.
- Create the quiesced snapshot again.