When you are trying to re-activate the agent from Deep Security Manager (DSM), the agent authentication fails and the following error occurs:
Activation job failed. Reset certificate. Host ID: 2
com.thirdbrigade.manager.core.protocol.exceptions.ProtocolAgentValidationException: Validation Exception: No trusted certificate found
To resolve the issue:
- On the Deep Security Manager console, go to Computers tab, then select the affected agent and delete it.
- Disable the self-protection of Deep Security Agent or Deep Security Relay, if needed.
- Deactivate the agent from the client via command line.
- Use RDP to connect to the primary relay.
- Open a command prompt as an administrator.
- Run the following command:
cd C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Deep Security Agent
- Stop all Trend Micro Deep Security Agent related services.
- Close the agent icon from the taskbar.
- Open the Windows explorer and access C:\programdata\.
- Rename the Trend Micro folder to "Trend Micro_OLD".
- Start all the Trend Micro related services.
- Open the Deep Security Agent program. The icon should now re-appear on the taskbar, and then wait until it shows "Not Activated".
- Re-add the computer object to the Deep Security Manager console and re-activate the agent.