A Worry-free Business Security Agent is installed on one the Web Servers. The Web server is running backup with using Microsoft Data Protection Manager (DPM) 2016. Backup keeps failing with a Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) error.
If you stop and disable the Trend Micro Security Agent RealTime Scan service, the backup completes correctly. We have excluded the VSS device folder from the scanner as per the article
To address the issue:
- Go to the ..\PCCSRV folder in the WFBS Security Server directory and open for the ofcscan.ini file.
- Under the [Global Setting] section, add the following parameter: TmfilterBypassDpmFilter=1
- Save and close the ofcscan.ini file.
- Perform a manual update on the security agent of the VM.
- The Security Agent should automatically install the following registry key:
- Restart the Security Agent.