The status of Trend Micro Security Update always shows "Out-of-Date". After a successful download of security updates, you can see the log stating "Security Update: Pattern Update on Agents/Appliance Successful" in the System Events. However, the status still displays "Out-of-Date".
The issue happens on the following environment:
- Deep Security Manager version: 11.0.221 (11.0 GM)
- Deep Security Agent version: 22.214.171.1245 x64 (11.0 U7)
- Deep Security Relay version: 126.96.36.1995 x64 (11.0 U7)
Below is a sample scenario:
- The Deep Security Agent (DSA) is running on Windows 64-bit server (Win Server 2016).
- When the DSA is recently activated, the Security Update status will show "Unknown" for one to two minutes.
- The component "c2t1207960067I-1P5889r1-o-1" under Other section causes the Out-of-Date status.
- Once you performed the Security Update, the system event will show "Pattern Update on Agents/Appliances Successful", which is not accurate.
- Performing a reboot, uninstallation, and re-activation of DSA will not help resolve the issue.
Starting from Deep Security 11.0 U2, the following enhancement is included in the release:
Anti-Malware Scan Engine can be displayed and has the option to enable or disable an Anti-Malware update.
To resolve the issue, upgrade Deep Security Manager version to at least 11.0.249 (U2) or higher version.
After the firmware upgrade, the DSA status of Security Update will be "Up-to-Date" as shown below.