Trend Micro Predictive Machine Learning (PML) uses advanced machine learning technology to correlate threat information and perform in-depth file analysis to detect emerging unknown security risks through digital DNA fingerprinting, API mapping, and other file features. Predictive Machine Learning also performs a behavioral analysis on unknown or low-prevalence processes to determine if an emerging or unknown threat is attempting to infect your network.
Predictive Machine Learning is a powerful tool that helps protect your environment from unidentified threats and zero-day attacks.
- Advance Protection Service
- Unauthorized Change Prevention Service
- Real-Time Scan (For file detections)
Below are the recommended settings to enhance process detection:
- Enable Web Protection.
- Enable Malware Behavior Blocking.
- Enable program inspection to detect and block compromised executable samples in Behavior Monitoring Settings.
To enable Predictive Machine Learning:
- Log on to the Apex One console.
- Go to Agents > Agent Management.
- In the Agent Tree, select the Apex One Server/Domain/Computer.
- Go to Settings > Scan Settings.
- Select "Predictive Machine Learning Settings".
- Tick “Enable Predictive Machine Learning”.
- Under Detection Settings, select the following:
Predictive Machine Learning attempts to clean the files that executed the malicious processes. If the clean action is unsuccessful, Apex One quarantines the affected files.
- Select to automatically Quarantine files that exhibit malware-related features based on the Predictive Machine Learning analysis.
- Select to automatically Terminate processes that exhibit malware-related behaviors based on the Predictive Machine Learning analysis.
- Click Apply to All Agents.