SMEX 12.5 Patch 1 for SP1 consolidates all solutions to issues resolved after the release of SMEX 12.5 SP1 build.
Who Should Install This Release:
Administrators currently running SMEX 12.5 SP1 build.
The following enhancements are included in this release:
- Enhancement: [Hot Fix Build 2016] Users encounter the following issues on the ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange Management Console after adding the IIS setting "nosniff" option in IIS HTTP Response Headers:
- The Server Management page does not display.
- The Security Risk Scan settings do not allow users to select any of the "Action" tabs.
- The Log Query drop down menu is empty.
- When the "Enable communication between the ScanMail MCP agent and Control Manager" option is enabled, the "Control Manager Setting" does not work as expected.- The "Manual Scan" and "Scheduled Scan" pages disappear.
Solution: This patch ensures that the IIS setting "nosniff" option can be enabled in IIS HTTP Response Headers without issues.
- Enhancement: [Hot Fix Build 2030] This patch adds the "Block all password protected Office documents and compressed files" option under the attachment blocking policy settings to enable the attachment blocking filter to detect password- protected file attachments. Users need to clear the browsing history from the web browser after applying this patch to be able to view this option on the ScanMail web console.
- Enhancement: [JP Hot Fix Build 2636] When the Scan Engine (VSAPI) or Advanced Threat Scan Engine (ATSE) returns a "BAD_ZIP_ERR" or a "NO_SUPP_ERR" error code while scanning a sample, ScanMail treats the sample as unscannable and performs the action specified for "Files outside of scan restriction criteria" on the ScanMail web console. This patch provides a way to configure ScanMail to skip taking the action on this kind of samples.
Procedure: To configure ScanMail to skip the "Files outside of scan restriction criteria" action when VSAPI or ATSE returns a "BAD_ZIP_ERR" or "NO_SUPP_ERR" error code while scanning a sample:
- Install this patch..
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Add or locate the following key and set the value to the specific error code or codes separated by a semi-colon:
Path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\ScanMail for Exchange\CurrentVersion
Data value:-82;-91 (-82:BAD_ZIP_ERR; -91: NO_SUPP_ERR)
- Enhancement: This patch makes SMEX compatible with the new APIs of Trend Micro Antispam Engine (TMASE) 184.108.40.2060.
Resolved Known Issues:
This release resolves multiple issues, please refer to the Readme for details.
Install this patch only on computers protected by the latest SMEX 12.5 Service Pack 1 or above.
Download the latest Service Pack and Patch from the Download Center.
12.5 GM b1300 > 12.5 SP1 b1684 > 12.5 SP1 Critical Patch 1 b2011 (optional) > 12.5 SP1 Patch 1 b2039
Patch Package: smex-125-sp1-win-en-patch1-b2039.zip