Trend Micro Mobile Security (TMMS) Android agent 126.96.36.1991 cannot update automatically when the new agent version is located in the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Mobile Security\web\repository\activeupdate". This is a known bug specifically in Build 2031, and it no longer exists in newer agent versions.
To resolve the issue, manually update the TMMS agent 9.8 Build 2031.
- On the TMMS server web console, go to Applications > Enterprise App Store.
- Under Android tab, click Add to create a new agent version in the app store.
- Select Add from local computer and browse for the TMMS agent .apk file.
- Edit the application and name it as ENT security.
- Navigate to Policy > Edit Policy.
- Click Application Monitor & Control Policy.
- Select the Enable Required Application Control checkbox.
- Click the Import button and select the ENT security app you added in Step 4.
- Save the settings. Devices with 188.8.131.521 version will receive "Apps need to install" notification.
- Click the notification and a new version can be updated. If users ignore this notification, the new app installation package can still be accessed in Apps > Downloaded Apps on ENT Security Agent.