Know the recommended settings to have on HES to prevent Spam.
You may also refer to the HES Best Practice Guide as a general reference for your product.
To apply Best Practice for the Spam or Phish policy, perform the following steps:
- Go to Inbound Protection > Policy.
- Select your domain on the dropdown for "Policy for: " and click OK.
- Click the Spam or Phish Policy.
Depending on the amount of spam messages your organization is getting, it may be necessary to increase the spam detection level, enable social engineering attack and include advanced analysis to identify threats.
- Click Scanning Criteria.
- Check all boxes except Graymail, and set Spam check to a higher level (suggested: Moderately High). Graymails are covered by a different policy, “Newsletter or spam-like”:
- Click Submit to save the changes.
IP Reputation Setting
Apply the settings below to apply best practice on IP Reputation filtering: