Know how to configure Cloud Edge Routing Mode with Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service on LAN1 interface.
To enable the DHCP on Routing Mode:
- Log in to Cloud Edge On-Premise Console.
- Navigate to Network > Interfaces.
- Make sure there is an IP address assigned to your WAN1 interface through DHCP, Static, or PPPoE. Statically assign IP to your LAN1 interface facing the internal network, this will serve as the default gateway of your internal network.
- On the same window, go to DHCP and click the interface facing your internal network. Interface setting and DHCP service for LAN2, LAN3, and MGMT interface can be configured on Cloud Edge Cloud Console.
- On the Edit DHCP Server window, enter the desired DHCP IP pool. This IP will be assigned to all the computers with access to LAN1.
- (Optional) Bind the MAC address to a specific IP address. Click Advanced Settings and input the MAC address and the corresponding IP address with preferred lease time.
To verify the changes, set the machines connected to LAN1 interface of Cloud Edge to acquire IPv4 address via DHCP. Once connected, they should get an IP from the set DHCP IP pool.