Cloud Edge L2TP VPN allows remote users to establish secure connections to the internal company network over a public network such as the Internet.
Cloud Edge L2TP/IPsec VPNs use a Windows standard L2TP/IPsec configuration.
- Access the Cloud Edge Cloud Console, and then navigate to Gateways > Select Gateway > L2TP VPN.
- Enable L2TP VPN.
- L2TP VPN will work by configuring the Basic Settings.
Client network pool: Specify IP pool and CIDR notation
Preshared Key: Used to authenticate the L2TP endpoints while establishing the connection
- Configure Advanced Settings as you prefer, and click Save.
- Click Deploy Allto deploy L2TP VPN settings onto the Cloud Edge appliance.
- Access Administration > Hosted Users & Groups, click Addunder Hosted Users.
Setup the username and password, because clients connecting to Cloud Edge via L2TP VPN needs to have the credentials. Click Save. p>a.lightbox>img[title="" width=""]
- Navigate to Administration > UserID Sync, and click Sync All Gateways to force the account synchronization.
UserIDs are automatically sync every 8 hours.
- Setup a new connection for L2TP VPN by accessing Network and Sharing Center.
Choose Setup a new connection or network.
- Select Connect to a workplace.
- Choose Use my Internet connect (VPN).
- Provide the gateway's Public IP or domain name, Destination name and tick Don’t connect now; just set it up so I can connect later. A Private IP address was used in this test environment.
- Provide the User name and password created under Hosted Users of Cloud Edge Cloud Console, and then click Create.
- On the next window, click Close.
- Right-click the newly created L2TP VPN connection, then click Properties.
- Go to the Securitytab and follow configuration below.
- Click the Advanced settings button, provide the L2TP VPN Preshared key setup on Cloud Edge Cloud Console, and then click OK.
- L2TP VPN should be ready for connection.
- Verify by using ipconfig command on the endpoint. The New IP Address of the L2TP VPN connection that is included on the VPN IP pool will be shown.
- Using Cloud Edge Cloud Console, connected clients should show under L2TP VPN.