Important: Ensure that you read the release notes associated with the operating system software update package on the Threat Management Center (TMC) website. The release notes contain information that may make the difference between a successful software update and an unsuccessful software update.
- Installing a new version of SMS causes the SMS server to reboot and close all client connections.
- When the SMS Server is unavailable during the reboot process, the availability and operations of TippingPoint devices managed by SMS are unaffected. IPS and other devices continue to operate as usual and without interruption.
- When you upgrade the SMS server, you will be unable to connect to the server through the SMS client until you have upgraded the SMS client software. However, you can view detailed upgrade status from the local VGA console.
- SMS requires ports 9033 and 10042 to be opened for proper operation.
- SMS/vSMS v4.1.0 and higher, supports direct migration to SMS/vSMS v4.6.0 by performing an incremental upgrade.
- Before performing an SMS upgrade, you must disable High Availability (HA). The process for upgrading an HA cluster is to break down the cluster, upgrade each SMS individually, and then re-establish the cluster.
Depending on your download speed, the update process takes approximately 90 minutes. The following table provides a summary of the process with estimated times
|Step||Task||Manual or Automatic||Estimated Time||Link Status|
|1||Download the package||Manual||Varies||Up|
|2||Install the package||Manual||5-25 minutes||Up|
|3||Reboot. Update the system||Automatic||15-25 minutes||Down|
|4||Reboot. Migrate database||Automatic||10-30 minutes||Down|
|5||Migrate Event Data**||Automatic||Varies||Up|
SMS TOS Upgrade Path
|Device||Current TOS||Intermediate TOS||Final TOS|
|Note 1: End-Of-Life|
Note 2: Operating System for SMS G9 Server (HP-DL360-G9, HP-DL380-G9).
Note 3: The vSMS platform can be upgraded to 4.6.0 with the incremental upgrade package.
Note 4: You must deploy the vSMS Open Virtualization Format (OVF) file using VMware vCenter Server.
Deploying the OVF file directly through ESX/ESXi utilities is not supported.
Product Version Compatibility
|Product||SMS v4.6||SMS v4.5||SMS v4.4||SMS v4.3||SMS v4.2.11||SMS v4.2||SMS v4.1||SMS v4.0|
|Support Status||Supported||Supported||Supported||EOS JUN/30/2018||EOS AUG/30/2017||EOS AUG/30/2017||EOS AUG/30/2017||Not supported|
|Direct migration to SMS v4.6?||N/A||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported||Not supported|
|vTPS||TOS v4.2.x and earlier||TOS v4.2.x and earlier||TOS v4.0.2 and earlier||Not supported||Not supported||Not supported||Not supported||Not supported|
|TOS v4.1.02 and earlier||TOS v4.0.0||Not supported||Not supported||Not supported||Not supported|
and earlier 3
and earlier 3
|Identity Agent||TOS v1.0.0||TOS v1.0.0||TOS v1.0.0||TOS v1.0.0||TOS v1.0.0||TOS v1.0.0||Not supported||Not supported|
|Note 1: SMS v4.2.1 is factory installed on new Gen9 hardware.|
Note 2: SSL Inspection is only supported in 2200T device.
Note 3: All features except for TACACS+ which is supported in SMS v4.2.1 and earlier.