The GEO Locator database comes from a third party company called MaxMind which specializes in geo-location. The company builds global IP address location database by overlaying geographic user data on to a map of the internet's infrastructure. Trend Micro TippingPoint is providing (via the TMC https://tmc.tippingpoint.com) a GEO Locator database in the familiar .pkg file format. This version of the GEO locator database is updated on a monthly basis.
Note: The SMS does not automatically download or install the GEO Locator databases; the user must download and install them manually. The GEO locator database is only available via the SMS.
- Login to the TMC and download the most current GEO Locator database file from RReleases->Software->SMS->GEO Location to the local PC.
- Log in to the SMS from a client.
- On the SMS toolbar, navigate to the Admin->Geo Locator Database tab.
- Within the Geo Locator Database area of the Geo Locator Database screen, click the Import button. A standard Windows explorer dialog will open.
- Locate the database file just downloaded and click OK to Import.
- Once the database has been uploaded, you will see the following information;