The GEO Locator database comes from a third party company called MaxMind which specializes in geo-location. The company builds global IP address location database by overlaying geographic user data on to a map of the internet's infrastructure. Trend Micro TippingPoint is providing (via the TMC https://tmc.tippingpoint.com) a GEO Locator database in the familiar .pkg file format. This version of the GEO locator database is updated on a monthly basis.
Note: Beginning with SMS v5.1.0 auto download of the GEO database is supported. Prior versions of SMS must download and install the GEO database manually. The GEO locator database is only available via the SMS.
- Login to the TMC and download the most current GEO Locator database file from Releases->Software->SMS->GEO Location to the local PC.
- Log in to the SMS from a client.
- On the SMS toolbar, navigate to the Admin->Geo Locator Database tab.
- Within the Geo Locator Database area of the Geo Locator Database screen, click the Import button. A standard Windows explorer dialog will open.
- Locate the database file just downloaded and click OK to Import.
- Once the database has been uploaded, you will see the following information;
|SMS v5.0.1 and earlier|
|SMS v5.1.0 and later|