The SMS Client software contains the interface through which you manage your TippingPoint system. You download, install, and run the SMS Client on a Windows, Mac, or Linux-based computer. You download the SMS Client installation software from your SMS Server’s home page using a Web browser. For information on hardware and software requirements, consult the SMS Release Notes or the SMS installation documentation.
During the installation process, the installer checks for currently installed versions of the client. Depending on the findings, the application displays options for installing or updating the software. You can make selections, perform the installation, and review progress through the installation process for Windows, Linux and Mac systems. When complete, the application prompts you to end or open the client upon completion.
Note: To communicate with the SMS server, the SMS client must use TCP port 9033 and TCP port 10042.
1. On your workstation, open a web browser.
2. In the Address field, enter: https://<smsipaddr> where <smsipaddr> is the IP address you configured for your SMS.
3. If the Web site prompts for login, enter your username and password in the dialog box.
4. On the SMS home page, click the desired Operating System button under the "Get the latest SMS client" (Windows, Linux or MAC version).
- For Windows, once the download is complete run the application to start the SMS Client installer.
- For Linux, from the directory containing the installer, run chmod 755 SMSInstall.sh; ./SMSInstall.bin.
5. Follow the instructions for the installer. The installation wizard begins with a scan of your system.
- If the system does not have a previous SMS client installed, the wizard indicates steps and actions to install the application.
- The wizard will prompt you to accept a license agreement to proceed.
- The installation wizard continues with messages and information regarding the new client and locations for shortcuts. Each step may include further options and progress indicators.
6. When complete, you can access the client from the Start menu. Start the client by double-clicking the TippingPoint SMS Client icon on your desktop.
7. After installing and opening the application, you should download, install, and activate the latest Digital Vaccine from the TMC Web site.
Reference: SMS User Guide