On the Device Configuration - System Updates screen, you can manage software versions and snapshots for a specific device. The SMS maintains a history of versions installed for your device. Through the Previous TOS Versions section, you may rollback to a previous version of the device software.
Note: Prior to rolling back to a software version, make sure to review the release notes for any specific notations and warnings regarding the functionality for that version.
- Log in to the SMS from a client.
- On the SMS toolbar, navigate to the Devices->All Devices tab screen.
- On the left navigational menu, select the device and expand the entry.
- Expand the entry for Device Configuration.
- Select the System Update entry. The Device Configuration - System Update screen displays.
- From the Previous TOS Versions table, select a software version entry.
- Click Previous Version Rollback and follow any instructions.
Note: You can only rollback one TOS version at a time to the most recent previously installed version. Selecting the rollback option will cause the IPS to perform a reboot -full, which will execute a full system restart. The reboot can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes and during this period the device will not be able to pass traffic.