- Log in to the SMS from a client.
- On the top Navigation menu click Profiles.
- In the Profiles navigation pane, click Profiles->Inspection Profiles. The Inspection Profiles screen displays.
- Select a profile from the inventory and perform one of the following tasks:
- From the Profile Inventory area, click Export.
- Right-click an entry in the Profile Inventory table and click Export.
- Click Details and then click Export.
- In the Profile Export wizard, select one of the following options:
- Export to Local File: ClickNext, browse to the local destination, enter the package name, and click OK to return to the Export Wizard.
- Export to local SMS Exports and Archives: Click Next, enter the package name. The exported file can be viewed and accessed from the Exports and Archive section of the SMS web interface.
- Export to External Source: Select an option from the drop-down box, complete the required information and click Next. To export to a NFS Server, the SMS must have write-permission for the anonymous user on the directory exported by the specified NFS server.
- Export directly into one or more SMS servers: Click Next. Click Add, provide the SMS address and credentials and click OK to return to the Export Wizard. Use the Add and Remove options to refine the list of SMS servers for export.
- If you are exporting the profile to one or more SMS servers, you have the option to create a new profile or merge the profile with the existing profile. Choose one of the following options:
- Create a new profile: Enter the Profile Name and specify any inheritance information. (Note: do not use special characters for the profile name.)
- Use an existing profile: uses an existing profile with the imported profile. Select Combine or Replace and then select an existing profile from the drop-down list.
- Click Next.
- Review the summary information and click Finish to upload the profile. To make changes to your selection, click Previous and follow the appropriate steps.
Reference: SMS User Guide