Through the System Snapshot section, you can manage the snapshots taken of device filters and settings. You can create these snapshots through the Device Configuration screen for a specific device. Creating a new snapshot places a copy on the device. Archiving a snapshot places a copy on the SMS. Deleting a snapshot removes the system snapshot from the device and, if present, the snapshot on the SMS.
Note: IPS system snapshots are saved on the IPS device and not on the SMS. If you wish to save the snapshot on the SMS for redundancy purposes, you will have to execute the "Archive to SMS" function.
- Log in to the SMS from a client.
- On the SMS toolbar, navigate to the Devices->All Devices tab screen.
- On the left navigational menu, select the device and expand the entry.
- Expand the entry for Device Configuration.
- Select the System Update entry. The Device Configuration - System Update screen displays.
- From the System Snapshots area, click New.
- A new snapshot image is created of the device and the entry displays in the table.
Note: The snapshot procedure may take time. Allow sufficient time for the How To complete.
Reference: SMS User Guide