Symptoms: When attempting to load the Security Management System (SMS) client software on a MAC OS X system the following error might be displayed;
"TippingPoint SMS Client Installer is damaged and can't be opened. You should eject the disk image"
Issue: This error is attributed to the fact that the TippingPoint SMS Client software is not a signed Apple application.
- On your system, go to Apple Menu->System Preferences->Security & Privacy
- If the preferences is locked, click the Lock (lower left) and enter your admin password to unlock it
- In the General tab, set "Allow applications downloaded from" to Anywhere
- Accept the security warning
- Perform the SMS client installation
- After installation is complete, return your security settings back to normal