The SMS Server allows external access to its database. With this external access, other systems can perform a number of tasks including reading the SMS database, generating reports, and replicating the database. The SMS does not allow modifications to the database through external connections. Any external access to the SMS database is restricted to read-only. External access can be secured by granting access to a specified list of IP addresses. This service opens a MariaDB read-only database for any third-party access or reporting tool.
CAUTION: Enabling the SMS for external database access requires a reboot of the SMS Server.
- Log in to the SMS from a client.
- On the SMS toolbar, navigate to the Admin->Database tab.
- In the External Database Settings section, click Edit. The Edit External Database Settings dialog box opens.
- From the navigation pane, click External Access Settings.
- Check the checkbox titled Enable external database access to grant external access and uncheck the box to disable access.
- If enabling access, enter the username and password of a database user with sufficient rights to read all the desired data from the SMS database.
- After ensuring all SMS clients are logged off the SMS Server, click Reboot to complete the task of changing the external access setting.
Reference: SMS User Guide