Configuring device network ports!
- Log in to the SMS from a client.
- On the Devices screen, expand the All Devices in the Navigation pane.
- Select a device and expand the options.
- Select Network Configuration and then select the Ports tab.
- In the Ports table, select an entry and do one of the following:
- Click Edit.
- Highlight the port, right-click and select Edit.
- Highlight the port and from the top menu select Edit->Details->Ports.
- Double-click the desired port to edit.
- The Port Details-Edit wizard displays.
- Click Restart if required.
- For Hardware, modify the On check box if the hardware is physically on or off.
- For Auto Negotiation, modify the Enabled check box if the port allows auto-negotiation for line speed.
- If you are not using Auto Negotiation, modify the following settings:
- Line Speed
- Duplex setting: Full or Half
- Click OK to complete your configuration.
- Repeat steps for the other port.
Note: Fiber ports can only be set to 1000 Mbps line speed and full duplex. Although the port may negotiate different settings, you cannot arbitrarily downgrade line speed on a fiber Gigabit Ethernet port.
Reference: SMS User Guide