SMS required ports
The GUI client uses the following TCP ports
SMS Automatic Upgrades: SMS client will auto update to the latest SMS installed version.
How To: Download and Install an SMS Client Update
1. Access the SMS server website. Depending on settings, you may need to login with your account. In the Address field of your web browser, enter: https://<smsipaddr> where <smsipaddr> is the IP address you configured for your SMS.
2. On the SMS home page, click the Install the Client link under SMS Client Software.
3. Select the Windows or Linux version.
- For Windows, in the Download Complete dialog, click Open to start the SMS Client installer.
- For Linux 32-bit client, select "Linux (32-bit) to download SMSInstall.sh and run the following from the directory containing the installer: chmod 755 SMSInstall.sh; ./SMSInstall.sh
- For Linux 64-bit client, select "Linux (64-bit) to download SMSInstall.sh and run the following from the directory containing the installer: chmod 755 SMSInstall64.sh; ./SMSInstall64.sh
- For Mac, select "Mac OS X) Linux (64-bit) and open the SMSInstall.dmg with DiskImageMounter. After it is mounted, double-click the SMS Client Installer to launch the installer.
4. Follow the instructions for the installer. The installation wizard begins with a scan of your system.
- If the system does not have a previous SMS Client installed, it indicates steps and actions to install the application.
- If the system has a previous SMS Client installed, it informs you that a version is detected and provides an option to continue and upgrade the current version or change directories retaining the older version.
The installation wizard continues with messages and information regarding the new client and locations for shortcuts. Each step may include further options and progress indicators.
5. When complete, you can access the client using the desktop icon. Start the client by double-clicking the TippingPoint SMS Client icon on your desktop.