- SMS HA fail-over and activation
- SMS start and stop
- Critical device failures (device can no longer communicate)
- Critical or Error entries in the device syslog
- Database backup • SMS migration
- Auto DV down load and activation
- Auto DV distribution including both success and failures
- Reports can be configured for scheduled runs where an email is sent
- Log in to the SMS from a client.
- On the SMS toolbar, navigate to the Admin > Server Properties tab.
- Select the Network tab.
- In the SMTP Server area, click Edit. The Edit SMTP Server Settings window displays.
- Enter the Server Address of your SMTP email server. For example: mail.your-domain.com
- Enter the SMTP Port listening for incoming email messages. The default is 25.
- Add entries to the System Notification List. The list accepts Named Email Addresses and Named Email Address Lists, both of which are defined in the Named Resources area of the Admin screen.
- Designate an address in the From field. This email address will appear as the sender for any who receive the email.
- Designate an address in the Reply To field. This email address will receive replies from anyone who replies to the originally sent email.
- If the SMTP Server requires authentication, check the Authentication box and enter the required Username and Password.
- Click Test to verify your configuration. A test email is sent from the SMS Server to the designated SMTP Server, which should then send the email to the designated recipients. The test verifies whether or not the email is sent from the SMTP server; it does not verify that the designated recipients receive the email, which is the responsibility of the SMTP server.
- Click OK to save the SMTP Server settings and return to the Network tab.
- Click Apply.
|Server Address||Displays the hostname of the SMTP mail server through which the SMS Server can send email messages.|
|System Notification List||A list of email addresses or email address groups to which the SMS Server will send email messages.|
|From||Identifies the email addresses or email address groups you want to identify in the From field of the email message sent by the SMS Server.|
|Reply To||Identifies the email addresses or email address groups that will receive a reply email if the receiver of the SMS-sent email sends a reply.|
|Authentication||Some SMTP Server require authentication from the requesting server, in this case the SMS Server. If authentication is required, check the Authentication box and enter the username and password required by the SMTP Server.|