When you distribute a Digital Vaccine package, you update the filter settings for a device. A package may include modifications including new filters, modified filters, and removed filters. You can set up the system to automatically distribute the package on the Profiles > Digital Vaccines screen. The screen enables you to manage all distributions through the Distribution Progress section of the screen. You can enact and cancel a distribution from the screen.
When you schedule a distribution you have the following options:
- One-time distribution: runs once at the schedule time using the DV package selected.
- Recurring distribution: runs at the times and days specified and distribute the latest DV package available on the SMS to the selected devices if you have an older version of the DV.
- Log in to the SMS from a client.
- From the top navigation pane, click Profiles. The Profiles screen displays.
- Select the Digital Vaccines tab. The Digital Vaccines screen displays.
- Select the Scheduled Distributions tab.
- In the Scheduled Distributions area, click New.
- The setup wizard displays. Complete the information for each screen and click Next to continue. To return to a previous screen, click Previous. After entering information on the final screen, click Finish to save your entries.
- On the Generals Settings screen, enter the following information:
- Schedule Name: enter a descriptive name
- Schedule Type: select a one time or recurring schedule. If you select recurring schedule, complete the scheduled distribution time.
- On the Contents screen, enter the following information:
- Package: select the package you wish to distribute or leave at default <Latest Available>
- On the Device Target screen select the device target:
- use All Devices
- select Device Groups
- select the appropriate group
- select Devices- select the appropriate devices
- If you want all the devices to receive the package, in the Use All Devices area select the check box next to Use High Priority.
Reference: SMS User Guide