From the LSM, you can manage system software from the Update pages. These pages are located under the System, DV, Licenses menu. The System Software, Digital Vaccine, Certificate and Licenses page gives you the information on the current software status of the TPS device.
You can install TOS updates from the System Software, Digital Vaccine, Certificate and Licenses page. When installing a software package, verify that the package you install is not larger than the listed amount of free space. An unpacked package may require more space than anticipated, depending on your device model, saved snapshots and rollback versions, and the size of the available update. To make sure the device has enough disk space, you can delete previously installed software images from the page.
Note: If your device is managed by a Security Management System (SMS) you will need to unmanage the device via System > SMS > Unmanage.
How To: Download a TOS Software Update
- Login to the Threat Management Center (TMC).
- From the top menu bar on the TMC home page, click Releases > Software >device type >model number.
- Click on the software update that you want to download. On the Software Details page, review the information about the package.
- Click Download to download the package to your local system. Make sure to note the download location and the file size. After you have downloaded the update, you can install it from the LSM Update page.
CAUTION: During the LSM install, do not close the browser window or navigate off the Update page while the software installs.
How To: Install a Software Update
Prior to installing the new software, backup any custom filters you have created and implemented. The update will overwrite these files.
- In the LSM menu bar, select System > Update > System, DV, Licenses.
- In the Software Versions panel, click Install. The Install System Software dialog is displayed.
- Click the Browse button to select the package previously downloaded from the TMC.
- Select the package and click Install.
Note: When updating the software, the progress bar may be interrupted by a pop-up message window. If this occurs, you will need to monitor the update process using the system log. If the system log does not show any errors during the update process, the device reboots when the update is complete. When the installation completes, the device performs a soft reboot. After the reboot, you can log back in to the system.
How To: Roll Back to a Previous TOS Version
A rollback operation reverts the currently running software version on your device to a previous working version. The system retains the settings and configurations of your system. However, not all functionality may be available depending on the version of the TOS you rollback to. When you perform a TOS rollback, current configuration settings are preserved, but filter settings revert to the settings that were in effect when the rollback version was archived. Any filter changes made after the target rollback version are deactivated, including attack protection filter updates.
Important: After you rollback, always make sure the master key on the device is the same as the master key that was used to secure the keystore in the rollback TOS image.
- From the menu bar, select System > Update > System, DV, Licenses.
- In the Software Version panel, select the version you want to roll back to, and click Rollback To. The Software Rollback dialog is displayed warning you that any configuration changes made since this version was last run will be lost.
- Click OK to start the rollback operation.
- When the rollback completes, verify the master key on the device is the same as the master key that was used to secure the keystore in the rollback TOS image.
Reference: Local Security Manager User's Guide