Subject: DV Toolkit filter overrides
Date of Announcement: September 27, 2016
Affected Versions: v3.1 and v3.1.1
An issue has been identified in the behavior of DV Toolkit v3.1 and v3.1.1 in which migrating to these versions and on certain use cases can cause the previous DVT filter overrides to be lost.
These use cases include:
- Renumbering a DV Toolkit package.
- Migrating a DVT package generated in DV Toolkit v3.0 or earlier to this newer version of DV Toolkit.
These changes can be verified by checking the SMS/IPS audit logs which will show that all filter overrides and original DV Toolkit filters have been deleted, and that the filters in the reimported package have been added.
- If you are not using the new enhancements introduced in DV Toolkit 3.1 or 3.1.1, we recommend using DV Toolkit 3.0, until a new DV Toolkit is released.
- If you continue to use DV Toolkit 3.1 or 3.1.1 Trend Micro TippingPoint recommends that the filter overrides on DVT filters be reviewed.
- Customers using DV Toolkit 3.0 or earlier are not affected.
If you have concerns or further questions regarding this issue, contact the Trend Micro TippingPoint Technical Assistance Center (TAC).
Trend Micro™ TippingPoint
For updated contact information, please click here.
|© Copyright 2018 Trend Micro Incorporated. All rights reserved. Trend Micro, the Trend Micro logo, TippingPoint, the TippingPoint logo, and Digital Vaccine are trademarks or registered trademarks of Trend Micro Incorporated. TippingPoint Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off. The information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind and is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for Trend Micro products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. Trend Micro shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.|