1. Once you have entered your TNC credentials, you will be presented with the following screen.
2. Select from the following options
- Continue to 2FA Settings – select this option to configure and enable 2FA
- Do not show this message again – select this option to decline 2FA
- Skip for now. I accept the risks – select this option to ignore 2FA for this session.
3. If the option "Continue to 2FA Settings" is selected, the following screen is displayed
4. Click "Set Up Now" to continue. The following screen is displayed.
5. Click "Send Confirmation Email" to continue. An email will be sent to your email address with an authentication code. Enter the code on the following screen.
6. Click "Continue" after entering the code.
7. Follow the instructions on the next screen.
8. Once you have scanned the QR code, the Google app will display a six-digit code. Enter the code and press "Enable Two-Factor Authentication" to complete 2FA.
9. Click on "Continue to TippingPoint Threat Management Center" to continue.
Disable 2FA1. Go to https://clp.trendmicro.com/
3. IMPORTANT: Use the TMC credentials to log in.
5. On the ‘My Account’ page, click on the “Configure Settings” option
6. The following page is displayed.
8. Return to TMC to login.
Two-Factor Authentication FAQs
What is two-factor authentication?
Why is the confirmation code, emergency code, or Google Authenticator passcode not working?
Two-Factor authentication provides a heightened layer of security to protect your account, and the heightened security requires that all codes meet specific criteria. The reasons a code may not be working are as follows:
- The code has expired. All codes have an expiration time. Check that the code you are using is still valid. If the code has expired, generate or request a new code.
- You may be using an older or invalid Google Authenticator account. If you have recently reinstalled the Google Authenticator app or changed the Google Authenticator account associated with your Trend Micro account, you may have selected an older account to generate your passcode. Ensure that you are using the correct Google Authenticator account when generating passcodes.
How do I register a new mobile device?
Important: Trend Micro Two-Factor Authentication only allows you to register one device for each account. Your original device settings remain active until you complete the transfer process.
- Open the Two-Factor Authenticationdialogue, then click "Change device.
- In the dialogue that opens, click Change Device.
Trend Micro sends a confirmation email to your registered email address to continue the device change process.
Tip: If you are not logged on to your SaaS console, request an emergency access code, log into the console, and then complete the steps to register a new mobile device.
What do I do if I lose my mobile device?
If you lose your mobile device, you can disable 2FA or register a new device.
Tip: Because Two-Factor Authentication requires both your original SaaS console credentials and the authentication passcode, your account should be safe until you can register a new mobile device. To disable 2FA, choose from the following procedures:
- If you are logged into your SaaS console, open theTwo-Factor Authenticationdialogue, and click Disable.
- If you are not logged into your SaaS console, request an emergency access code, log into the console, and then complete the steps to disable Two-Factor Authentication.
What happens if the Google Authenticator app is deleted accidentally?
If you have accidentally removed the Google Authenticator app from your mobile device and need to access your SaaS console, try one of the following:
- If you are currently logged on to your SaaS console; Disable the Two-Factor Authentication feature and redo the registration steps to reinstall the Google Authenticator app.
- If you are not logged on to your SaaS console; Request an emergency access code, disable the Two-Factor Authentication feature, and redo the registration steps to reinstall the Google Authenticator app.
Why am I not receiving email messages for my Two-Factor Authentication feature?
There are several reasons why email messages may not be displayed in your Inbox.
- Your email service is sending the messages to your spam or junk folder.
- Your email server is delaying the messages before the email messages reach your Inbox.
- Your email server is blocking the messages. Talk to your IT administrator if you think that the email server is blocking the messages.
What kinds of email messages does Two-Factor Authentication send?
The Two-Factor Authentication feature sends the following email messages:
- Confirmation email - When first registering the service, you receive an email message containing your"Confirmation code"necessary to link your mobile device with the Two-Factor Authentication service.
- Emergency code - If you do not have access to your mobile device and need to access your SaaS console immediately, you can request an"emergency code," which the system sends to you through email.
Can I use the Google Authenticator app without an Internet connection?
Yes. The Google Authenticator app uses a time-based generation algorithm that functions independently from the server. The server and the app generate the same code at the same time, but no active connection between the app and server is necessary.
Why can I not get a Google Authenticator passcode using my QR scanner?
The Google Authenticator barcode requires that you use the built-in Google Authenticator QR scanner to retrieve the correct information. Other QR scanners cannot read the barcode correctly.