Learn how to make a client package for a WFBS stand-alone client.
To create a client package:
- Open the ..\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV folder.
- Look for the ofcscan.ini file and create a backup copy.
- Open the ofcscan.ini file and look for the "Master_DomainName=<servername.domain.com>" parameter.
- Insert a semi-colon (;) before the first letter of the parameter.
This will retain the stand-alone mode of the target workstation after establishing a connection to the network where the server is located.
- Go to the [INI_Client_Section] section and change the value of the following parameters to "1":
- Save the changes and close the file.
- Go to C:\ Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\ClientPackager. If the product is installed on a different drive (i.e. D:\), go to that drive and follow the same path or folder structure.
- Double-click ClnPack.exe and select the appropriate operating system.
- Under Package Type section, select Setup.
- Under Options section, leave items unchecked if it is not applicable to your case.
- For the Source file field, specify the following:
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV\ofcscan.iniThe path may vary depending on where you have installed the WFBS or WFBS Advanced server. You can click the Browse button beside the Source file field to locate ofcscan.ini file in the directories mentioned above.
- For the Output file field, type "C:\32bit.msi".
You may also put any filename and any existing directory, depending on where you want to save the file.
For example: D:\test.exe.
- Click Create.
- Restore the ofcscan.ini backup file to re-apply the original server settings.
- Test the created package on one of the client machines and then observe if the machine directly updates from the ActiveUpdate server.