Uninstalling the WFBS Security Server does not uninstall agents. Administrators must uninstall or move all agents before uninstalling the Trend Micro Security Server.
To remove the Security Server:
- On the computer where you installed the server, click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Trend Micro Security Server.
- Click Change/Remove.
A confirmation page appears.
- Click Next.
The Master Uninstaller, which is the server uninstallation program, prompts you for the administrator password.
- Enter the administrator password, then click Next.
If you do not know the password, cancel the uninstallation and use this article to reset the console password: Resetting the password of the Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) management console. After resetting the console password, proceed with Step 1 of this solution.
If you are using WFBS Advanced and the Messaging Security Agent (MSA) is installed, you will be asked whether you want to uninstall the MSA or not.
- If you select Yes, you need to specify a domain administrator account (Domain\Account) for that Exchange Server. If the credentials you entered are correct, the MSA will be uninstalled.
- If you select No, the MSA will not be uninstalled.
The Master Uninstaller will now start removing the server files.
- When a confirmation message appears after the Security Server has been uninstalled, click Finish.
If prompted, restart the computer and then manually delete the Security Server files and folder.
If the procedure fails, refer to the article: Manually uninstalling the Security Server of Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS).