To apply Dual WAN configuration:
- Connect your main ISP line to WAN1 interface of the Cloud Edge box and the backup ISP line to WAN2 (LAN1) interface.
- On the Cloud Edge On-Premise console, go to Network > Interfaces.
- Edit your WAN interfaces (WAN and WAN2/LAN1) and select DHCP/PPPoE mode.
Supported modes for DUAL WAN are DHCP/DHCP and DHCP/PPPoE.
- Enable monitor settings to check if both WAN lines still work. You can monitor some public DNS servers or any public IP addresses that are ICMP reachable.
It is necessary to configure two (2) monitor hosts. If you only want to configure one host, input the same IP address on both monitoring host 1 and host 2 fields. Cloud Edge appliance will redirect network traffic to the backup LAN1/WAN2 route when both monitoring hosts are ICMP unreachable.
- On the same page, go to Network > Routing > Policy Routing.
- Configure Policy Route to direct traffic more precisely. This is necessary to have your DUAL WAN environment work in active/passive mode.
- Source Address: Any
- Destination Address: Any
- Service Type: Any
- Egress Interface: WAN or LAN1 (select interface that is connected to the active line)
If you have configured other policy route, move the "any-any" policy route to the bottom. This is to ensure other policy routes would still work.
- On the Cloud Edge Cloud Console, go to Gateways.
- Select gateway and click NAT.
- Configure Source Network Address Translation (SNAT) on both WAN interfaces to allow internal address access to the Internet.
- NAT Type: Source
- Egress interface: WAN and LAN1 for the other interface
- Source IP translation: Egress interface IP address
- Click Save and then Apply.
- Configure your LAN network interfaces via Cloud Edge Cloud Console. The procedure is the same on Cloud Edge single WAN mode.
To test if the active/passive mode of Dual WAN Cloud Edge setup is working, use "tracert" command on your endpoint: